Complexities of Neurological disorders are overcome in this modern era with the help of ultramodern technologies. Yet, Precise diagnosis and accurate surgery are indispensable for complete cure and healing. The department of Neurosurgery at AMALA IMS is well-equipped with state-of-the-art technology, supervised by dexterous senior neurosurgical specialists, who are cognoscente in Cerebrovascular, Neurodegenerative, and Demyelinating surgeries.
- Well equipped Neurosurgery ICU with non invasive monitors and ventilators and bedside Infusion pumps with trained nursing staff.
- Most modern exclusive operating microscope
- Drill system for cranial and spinal surgery
- Facilities for all cranial and spinal microsurgery
- Facilities for endoscopic surgery
- Transsphenoidal surgery
- 128 slice CT for CT brain angiogram
- 1.5 tesla MRI scan
- PET scan, Brain angiogram
- Neuro oncology with 2 linear accelerators with facilities for radio surgery
Multidisciplinary approach to diagnosis and treatment of brain, spine and peripheral nerve disorders
State-of-the-art diagnosis and care of brain and spine injury patients
Dedicated neurocritical care facilitities for critically ill neurological patients
Microneurosurgery for brain and spine tumours
Shunting for hydrocephalus
Treatment of spinal disc diseases- Laminectomy/ Discectomy
Fixation procedures for spine
Decompressivecraniectomy, Craniotomy, Cranioplasty surgeries
Surgeries for depressed fracture elevation
Brain surgeries for hypertensive bleeds,Microneurosurgery for brain aneurysms and AVMs
Endoscopic treatment for pituitary tumours, CSF leak, brain and spine disorders,Shunting/endoscopic procedures for Hydrocephalus
Pediatric head injury and tumour surgeries,Craniosynostosis
Nerve release surgeries,Perineural analgesia
- Potdar NV, Kumar SS, Kaplinghat B. Role of outer membrane histopathology and comparison of clinico-radiological aspects of chronic subdural hematoma in different age groups: a retrospective study. Int Surg J 2017;4:2164-9.
- Potdar NV, Kumar SS, Kaplinghat B. Effect of antiplatelet/anticoagulant agents in elderly patients of chronic subdural hematoma: a case control study from a tertiary care centre. Int J Res Med Sci 2017;5:2947-51.
- Kumar ,Dr. Bhavadasan K, D. N. P. ,Dr. S. S. (2017). Age comparative study of chronic sub dural hematoma and its outcome :- A retrospective study. International Journal Of Medical Science And Clinical Invention, 4(6).
- Potdar, Nilesh & Suresh Kumar, S & Bhavadasan, K. (2017). To Study the effect of Cranioplasty on cerebral blood flow with clinical outcome in a patient who underwent decompressive craniectomy. International Journal Of Medical Science And Clinical Invention. . 10.18535/ijmsci/v4i6.07
- Nilesh Potdar, S Suresh Kumar, K Bhavadasan.To study the fracture of the temporal bone in patients with traumatic head injury: a retrospective study.International Journal of Scientific Research.2017;6(7):168-170