The discipline of Biochemistry has immense significance and scope in the twenty-first century. It holds immense potential in research, teaching and service. Advancements in clinical biochemistry has made testing and diagnosis more scientific and accurate. It enables deep examination and analysis of the blood plasma (or serum) for substrates, enzymes, hormones, etc., and their use in diagnosis and monitoring of diseases.
Biochemistry department at Amala IMS has MBBS, MD and Ph.D. programmes and several academic Clinical Biochemistry Projects.
- A well established Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory with state of the art facilities
Latest technology based instruments, which include:
a. Two fully automated Biochemistry analyzers, among which one is an integrated analyzer, with both chemistry and immunochemistry (CLIA) assays -Vitros OCD 5600 and 4600
b. Five fully automated Immunoassay analyzers- Vitros OCD 5600,Vitros OCD ECiQ, Beckmann Coulter Dxl, Vidas and Diasorin Laison
c. One automated capillary Electrophoresis Machine Minicap Sebia
d. One automated chromatography analyzer HbA1c
e. Electrolyte analyzers with ISE
- A well established Molecular Biology Laboratory with Real-time PCR for diagnostic purposes
Setting up of a few more specialized laboratories in progress:
a. For inherited metabolic disorders
b. Light scattering spectroscopy assays
c. For multifactorial acquired metabolic disorder
Our Clinical biochemistry laboratory works on a 24x7 basis which processes around 20000 samples and 100000 assays on a monthly basis. The assays include Clinical biochemistry assays, routine and specialized immunoassays, HbA1c and serum protein capillary electrophoresis
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of methanol extract of Phellinus rimosus (Berk) Pilat. Ind. J. Exp. Biol. 2001; 39: 1166-69.(0.8).
- Ajith TA, Jose N, Janardhanan KK. Amelioration of cisplatin induced nephrotoxicity in mice by ethyl acetate extract of a polypore fungus, Phellinus rimosus J. Exp. Clin. Cancer. Res.2002; 21: 213-7.
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Antioxidant and antihepatotoxic activities of Phellinus rimosus, (Berk) Pilat. J. Ethnopharmacol. 2002; 81:387-91. (1)
- Raphael RK, Ajith TA, Joseph S, Kuttan R. Antimutagenic activity of Phyllanthus amarus Schun & Thonn- invitro and in vivo. Teratogen Carcinogen Mutagen. 2002; 22(4):285-91.
- Jose N, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antitumor activites of culinary medicinal mushroom Pleurotus pulmonarius (Fr.) Quel. (Agaricomycetideae). Int. J. Med. Mushr. 2002; 4: 329-335. (0.6)
- Sheena. N, Ajith, T.A. and Janardhanan, K.K. Antiinflammatory and antinociceptive activities of Ganoderma lucidum occurring in South India. Pharmaceutical Biol. 2002; 41:301-4. (0.8)
- Lakshmi B, Ajith TA, Sheena N, Nidhi G, Janardhanan KK. Antiperoxidative, anti-inflammatory and antimutagenic activities of ethanol extract of the mycelium of Ganoderma lucidum occurring in South India. Teratogen Carcinogen Mutagen. 2003; 1s: 85-97
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Cytotoxic and antitumor activities of a polypore macro fungus, Phellinus rimosus (Berk) Pilat. J. Ethnopharmacol. 2003; 84: 157-62.
- Sheena N, Ajith TA, Janardhanan, K.K. Prevention of nephrotoxicity induced by anticancer drug cisplatin, by Ganoderma lucidum, a medicinal mushroom occurring in South India Curr. Sci. 2003; 85:478-82.
- Sheena N, Ajith TA, Mathew T, Janardhanan KK. Antibacterial activity of three macrofungi, Ganoderma lucidum, Navesporus floccosa and Phellinus rimosus occurring in South India. Pharmaceutical Biol 2003; 41(8), 564-7.
- Lakshmi B, Jose N, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Antimutagenic activity of methanolic extract of culinary-medicinal Oyster mushroom, Pleurotus ostreatus (Jacq.Fr) Kumm. (strain florida Eger nom.nod) and its protective effect on benzo [a] pyrene Induced hepatic damages. Int. J.Med.Mushr.,2004; 6: 139-49.
- Jose N, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Methanolic extract of Pleurothus florida inhibits inflammation and platelet aggregation. Phytother Res.2004; 18:43-6
- Jose N, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Oyster mushroom protects antioxidant defense system in cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in mice. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine. 2004; 4(1):22-7.
- Kuttan R, Kuttan G, Joseph S, Ajith TA, Mohan M, Srimal RC. Antimutagenicity of herbal detoxification formula Smoke Shield against environmental mutagens. J. Exp Clin Cancer Res, 2004; 23 (1): 61-8.
- John RP, Sreekanth A, Rajakannan V, Ajith TA, Kurup MRP. New copper complexes of 2-hydroxyacetophenone N(4)-substituted thiosemicarbozones and polypyridyl co-ligands: structural, electrochemical and antimicrobial studies. Polyhedran. 2004; 23 (16): 2549-59.
- Sheena N, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Protective effect of methanolic extract of Ganoderma lucidum P.Karst. Reishi from South India against doxorubicin induced cardiotoxicity in rats. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine. 2005; 5(1): 62-8.
- Ajith TA, Subin JP, Jacob J, Sanjay PS, Babitha NV. Antimutagenic and antioxidant activities of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, celecoxib. Clin Exp Physiol Pharmacol. 2005; 32(10): 888-93.
- Ajith TA, Harikumar KB, Thasna H, Sabu MC, Babitha NV. Proapoptotic and antitumor activities of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, lovastatin, against Dalton’s Lymphoma Ascites tumor in mice. Clin. Chim Acta. 2006; 366: 322-8.
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Chemopreventive activity of a macrofungus Phellinus rimosus against N-nitrosodiethylamine induced hepatocellular carcinoma in rat. J. Exp. Ther. Oncol. 2006; 5(4): 309-21.
- Ajith, TA, Mathew S. A comparative study on the antimutagenicity of atorvastatin and lovastatin against directly acting mutagens. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2006; 22: 269-74.
- Lakshmi B, Ajith TA, Nayana J, Janardhanan KK. Antimutagenic activity of methanolic extract of Ganoderma lucidum and its effect on hepatic damage caused by benzo[a]pyrene. J. Ethnopharmacol. 2006; 107(2): 297-303.
- Ajith TA, Sheena N, Janardhanan KK. Phellinus rimosus protects carbon tetrachloride induced chronic hepatotoxicity in rat: Antioxidant defense mechanism. Pharmaceutical Biol., 2006; 44 (6): 1-8.
- Ajith TA, Usha S, Nivitha V. Ascorbic acid and alpha tocopherol protect anticancer drug cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in mice: A comparative study. Clin. Chim. Acta. 2007; 375(1-2): 82-6.
- Ajith TA, Nivitha, V, Usha, S. Zingiber offiicnale Roscoe alone and in combination with alpha tocopherol protect the kidney against cisplatin- induced acute renal failure. Food Chem. Toxicol. 2007; 45: 921-7.
- Ajith TA, Hema U, Aswathi S. Zingiber officinale Roscoe prevents acetaminophen- induced acute hepatotoxicity by enhancing hepatic antioxidant status. Food. Chem .Toxicol. 2007; 45: 2267-2272.
- Ajith TA, Aswathy MS, Hema U. Protective effect of Zingiber officinale roscoe against anticancer drug doxorubicin-induced acute nephrotoxicity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46(9):3178-81.
- Ajith TA, Divya KR. An in vitro comparative study on the antibacterial and antioxidant activities of atorvastatin and simvastatin. Pharmaceutial Biol. 2007; 45: 1-5.
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Indian medicinal mushrooms as a source of antioxidant and antitumor agents. J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr. 2007;40:157-162.
- Ajith TA, Ann M, Joe T. Evaluation of comparative and combined antimutagenic potential of vitamin C and vitamin E using histidine mutant Salmonella typhimurium strains. Ind. J. Clin Biochem. 2008; 23:24-28.
- Ajith TA, Riji T, Anu V. In vitro antioxidant and DNA protective effects of a novel HMG.CoA reductase inhibitor, rosuvastatin. Clin. Exp. Physiol. Pharmacol. 2008;35(5-6):625-9.
- Ajith TA, Anu V, Riji T. Antitumor and apoptosis promoting properties of atorvastatin, an inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, against Dalton's Lymphoma Ascites tumor in mice. J Exp Ther Oncol. 2008;7(4):291-8.
- Ajith TA, Abhishek G, Roshny D, Sudheesh NP. Co-supplementation of single and multi doses of vitamins C and E ameliorates cisplatin-induced acute renal failure in mice. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2009; 61: 565-71.
- Sudheesh NP, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Ganoderma lucidum (Fr.) P. Karst enhances activities of heart mitochondrial enzymes and respiratory chain complexes in the aged rat. Biogerontol. 2009; 10:627-36.
- Sudheesh NP, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK, Krishnan CV. Palladium alpha-lipoic acid complex formulation enhances activities of Krebs cycle dehydrogenases and respiratory complexes I-IV in the heart of aged rat. Food Chem Toxicol. 2009;47:2124-8.
- Ajith TA. Ameliorating reactive oxygen species-induced in vitro lipid peroxidation in brain, liver,mitochondria and DNA damage by Zingiber officinale Roscoe (ginger). Ind. J. Clin Biochem. 2010;25:67-73.
- Sudheesh NP, Ajith TA, Ramnath V, Janardhanan KK. Therapeutic potential of Ganoderma lucidum (Fr.) P. Karst. against the declined antioxidant status in the mitochondria of post-mitotic tissues of aged mice. Clin Nutr. 2010; 29:406-12.
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK Phellinus rimosus (Berk.) Pilat attenuates 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene induced and croton oil promoted skin papilloma formation in mice J.Exp.Ther.Oncol. 2011;9:207-15
- Ajith TA and Janardhanan KK. Antimutagenic effect of Phellinus rimosus (Berk) Pilat against chemical induced mutations of histidine dependent Salmonella typhimurium strains Food Chem Toxicol, 2011;49: 2676-268
- Sudheesh NP, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK, Krishnan CV. Palladium-α-lipoic acid complex attenuates alloxan-induced hyperglycemia and enhances the declined blood antioxidant status in diabetic rat. J Diabetes. 2011;3:293-300.
- Ajith TA, KK Janardhanan. Ganoderma lucidum Spores: A Treasure-chest of Therapeutically useful Bioactive Compounds. J Palynol. 2011; 1: 219.
- Sudheesh NP, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Ganoderma lucidum ameliorate mitochondrial damage in isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in rats by enhancing the activities of TCA cycle enzymes and respiratory chain complexes. Int J Cardiol. 2013;165: 117-125
- Rony R, Ajith T.A., Mathew C, Janardhanan KK. The Medicinal Cracked-Cap Polypore Mushroom Phellinus rimosus (Higher Basidiomycetes) Attenuates Alloxan-Induced Hyperglycemia and Oxidative Stress in Rats. Int J Med Mushr. 2013;15:287-300
- Sudheesh NP, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Hepatoprotective effects of DL-α-Lipoic acid and α-Tocopherol through amelioration of the mitochondrial oxidative stress in acetaminophen challenged rats. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2013;23(5):368-76.
- Rony KA, Ajith TA, Nima N, Janardhanan KK. Hypolipidemic activity of Phellinus rimosus against triton WR-1339 and high cholesterol diet induced hyperlipidemic rats. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;37:482-92.
- Ajith TA, Nima N, Veena RK, Janardhanan KK, Antonawich F. Effect of Palladium α-Lipoic Acid Complex on Energy in the Brain Mitochondria of Aged Rats. Altern Ther Health Med. 2014;20:27-35.
- Ajith T.A, Physiological relevance and therapeutic value of micro RNA in cancer. Front Pathol Genetics. 2013;2:15-19.
- Ajith TA. Mitochondria: Oxidative stress, dysfunction and cell death. VRI Biol Med Chem. 2013;1: 23-31.
- Giby VG, Ajith TA. Role of adipokines and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. World J Hepatol 2014, 6(8):570-9.
- Ajith TA, Jayakumar TG. Mitochondria-targeted agents: Future perspectives of mitochondrial pharmaceutics in cardiovascular diseases. World J Cardiol. 2014; 6(10):1091-9.
- Sunilkumar MN, Ajith TA. Kohler’s disease of the Tarsal navicular in a 7 years old child. Ann Paediatr Rheum. 2014; 3: 135-137.
- Sunilkumar MN, Ajith TA. Acute ammonium dichromate poisoning in a 2 year old child. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2015; 19: 241–242.
- Rony KA, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of the cracked-cap medicinal mushroom Phellinus rimosus (Higher Basidiomycetes) in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Int J Med Mushr. 2015;17:521-31.
- Ajith TA, Padmajanair G. Mitochondrial pharmaceutics: A new therapeutic strategy to ameliorate oxidative stress in Alzheimer's disease. Curr Aging Sci. 2015;8:235-40.
- Ajith TA. Modulation of Mammalian target of rapamycin signal machinery in human cancer. Indian J Cancer Edu Res.2015; 3: 17-25.
- Ajith TA. Strategies used in the clinical trials of gene therapy for cancer. J Exp Ther Oncol. 2015;11:33-9.
- John ANC, Ajith TA. Intraoral complications associated with multiple myeloma: Case Reports. Med-Science. 2015;4:2229-35.
- Ajith TA and Janardhanan KK. Cracked-Cap Medicinal Mushroom Phellinus rimosus (Higher Basidiomycetes) attenuate the ethanol induced lipid peroxidation in mice. Int J Med Mushr. 2015; 17: 1061-67.
- Ajith TA. Ranimenon. Homocysteine in ocular diseases. Clin Chim Acta. 2015;450:316-21
- Veena RK, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK, Antonawich F. Poly-MVA attenuates 7,12- dimethylbenz[a]anthracene initiated and croton oil promoted skin papilloma formation on mice skin. J Exp Ther Oncol. 2015;11:125-132
- Sunilkumar MN, Ajith TA, Parvathy VK. Acute dapsone poisoning in a 3 years old child: Case report with review of literature. World J Clin Cases. 2015;3:911-4.
- Ajith TA, Hema U, Aswathy MS. Zingiber officinale roscoe ameliorates the anticancer drug doxorubicin-induced acute cardiotoxicity. J Exp Ther Oncol 2016; 12.
- Ranimenon, Ajith TA. Prevalence of hypothyroidism in glaucoma patients. Kerala J Ophthalmol.2016;
- Ajith TA. A recent update on the extracellular Micro RNA as novel biomarkers in the diagnosis of human cancers Indian J Cancer Edu Res.2016; (accepted).
- Lathika VK, Ajith TA. Association of grade of cataract with duration of diabetes, age and gender in patients with type II diabetes mellitus. Int J Adv Med.2016; 3(2): 304-308.
- Ajith TA, Jayakumar TG. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in cardiac energy metabolism and cardiovascular disease. Clin Exp. Physiol. Pharmacol.2016; 2016;43(7):649-58
- Veena RK, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK, Antonawich F. Antitumor effects of Palladium-α-Lipoic Acid Complex Formulation as an Adjunct in Radiotherapy. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2016;35(4):333-342.
- Ajith TA, Vinodkumar. Advanced Glycation End Products: Association with the Pathogenesis of Diseases and the Current Therapeutic Advances. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2016;11(2):118-27.
- Ajith TA, Ranimenon. Role of hypothyroidism in glaucoma formation a recent review. ARC J Ophthalmol. 2016;5:8-12.
- John ANC, Ajith TA. Prevalence and etiology for mandibular and mid-face bone fractures in a tertiary care hospital. Arch. Exp. Clin Surg. 2017;6:183-188.
- Sunilkumar MN, TA Ajith, VK Parvathy. Clinical presentation, treatment and outcome of acute dettol poisoning in children Int J Contemp Pediatr. 2016; 3 (3), 1022-1025.
- Molly J, Edison S, Vijajaraghavan R, Ajith TA. Effect of curry leaves and cucumber fruit on lipid profile in menopausal women with hyperlipidaemia: a randomized controlled pilot study. Int J Clin Trials 2017;4(1):7-13.
- Ashok BS, Ajith TA, Sivanesan S. Hypoxia-inducible factors as neuroprotective agent in Alzheimer's disease. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2017;44(3):327-334
- Molly J, Edison S, Vijajaraghavan R, Ajith TA. Curry leaf powder and cucumber slices attenuate hyperlipidemia in post menopausal women: a randomized control single blinded study. Int J Pharm Sci Res. 2017; 8(4):1858-1864.
- Rony KA, Ajith TA, Kuttikadan TA, Blaze R, Janardhanan KK. Phellinus rimosus improves mitochondrial energy status and attenuates nephrotoxicity in diabetic rat. Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2017;28: 455-461.
- Ajith TA. Hypoxia-inducible factors: novel molecular target remains to be explored as anticancer agent in advanced human cancers. Indian J Cancer Res Edu. 2017;5:5-7.
- Ajith TA. Advanced Glycation End Products: Do they play a role in the cataract formation? EC J Ophthalmol. 2017;6:121-124.
- Ajith TA. Does nutrition underlay the pathogenesis of glaucoma and cataract in ageing? ARC J Ophthalmol. 2017;2:7-9
- Antonawich F, Veena RK, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Preparatory Liquid Blend, Poly-MVA and Rejeneril-A Protect the Radiation-Induced DNA Damage and Lesions of Ileum. J Basic Clin Pharma 2017;8:S054-S059.
- Ajith TA. Energy Homeostasis and Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors. Acta Scientific Med Sci.2017; 1:1-4.
- Ajith TA. Zingiber officinale (Ginger): Panacea for anticancer drug-induced organ toxicities. Acta Scientific Nutr Health.2017;1: 16-17.
- Ajith TA. Importance of improving mitochondrial function in Alzheimer’s disease. Acta Scientific Neurol.2018;2;1.
- Ajith TA. Current insights and future perspectives of Hypoxia-inducible factors targeted therapy in cancer. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2018 (Accepted)
- Ajith TA. Role of mitochondria and mitochondria-targeted agents in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2018;45(5):413-421
- Ajith TA. Supplementation of pyridoxine, folate and cobalamine in older people: Analysis on their effect on hyperhomocysteinemia and dementia. Int J Clin Chem Lab Med. 2017;3;35-37.
- Ajith TA. Role of microRNA as mediators and novel biomarkers of cardiovascular disease. Annal. Atherosclerosis. 2018; 1:1003
- Veena, RK, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum (Agaricomycetes), prevents doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in rat. Int J Med Mushr. 2018: 20: 761-774.
- Ajith TA. Inhibitors of PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway as a novel targeted therapy for cancer. J Cancer Frontiers. 2018.
- Ajith TA, Raghunath CR. Role and Agents Regulating the Mammalian Target of Rapamycin to Prevent the Progression of Dementia in Alzheimer’s Disease. Acta Scientific Med Sci. 2018;2: 11-14
- Ajith TA. Omega-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in the Alzheimers disease. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2018: (in Press)
- Thattil SJ, Santhosh S, Ajith TA. Staphylococcus associated acute throat infection among children presented to a tertiary care hospital. Int J Res Med Sci. 2018. (Accepted)
- Ajith TA. Do Advanced Glycation End Products Predict the Outcome of Coronary Heart Disease? Current Insight and Future Perspectives. Acta Scientific Med Sci.2018; 2: 35-37.
- Ajith TA. Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Cardiovascular Diseases: Need for Well Designed Clinical Trials in Different Population. Acta Scientific Med Sci. 2018;2:1-2.
- Ajith TA, Jayakumar TG. Role of omega-3 fatty acids protect coronary heart disease. Recent updates and future perspectives. Clin. Exp. Physiol. Pharmacol. (2018 accepted).
- Ajith TA. Can omega-3 fatty acids improve the cognitive function in people with dementia due to Alzheimer’s disease? Curr Sci Res Biomed Sciences 2018, 1(1): 180004.
- Ravikumar, KS, Ramya S, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK, Shah MA, Reshi ZA, Andrabi KI. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of bioactive extracts of a polypore mushroom, Fomitopsis pinicola (sw.:fr.) P. Karst, from Kashmir. Int. J. Adv. Res. 2018;6(8):1144-1156.
- Ajith TA. Does the APOE4 genetic profile predict the incidence of late onset Alzheimer’s disease? Acta Scientific Neurol. 2018;2:1-3.
- Ajith TA. Why are there variations in the responses of Glucagon-like Peptide-1 agonists among the type 2 diabetic patients? Curr. Clin Pharmacol. 2019; 14(3):247-48.
- Ajith TA. Possible Therapeutic Effect of Magnesium in Ocular Diseases. Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2019 (In press).
- Veena RK, Ramya H, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK, Wasser SP. Cordyceps militaris Mycelia Reduced the Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity and Associated Decline of Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain Activity in Rats. Int J Med Mushr. 2020: 23(1):17-26.
- Veena RK, Carmel EJ, Ramya H, Ajith TA, Wasser SP, Janardhanan KK. Caterpillar Medicinal Mushroom, Cordyceps militaris (Ascomycetes), Mycelia Attenuates Doxorubicin-Induced Oxidative Stress and Up regulates Krebs Cycle Dehydrogenases Activity and ATP Level in Rat Brain. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2020;22(6):593-604
- Ajith TA. Alpha-lipoic acid: A possible pharmacological agent for treating dry eye disease and retinopathy in diabetes. Clin Exp Physiol Pharmacol. 2020; 47(12):1883-1890.
- Thattil SJ, Ajith TA. Emergence of Third Generation Cephalosporin Resistant Escherichia coli in Infants: Retrospective Study from a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India. Anti-Infective Agents.2021;19 (2):215-219.
- Thattil SJ, Ajith TA. Bacteriological and antibiotic profile of infection among infants in the post-neonatal period at a tertiary care hospital in South India. J Health Res.2021;1:1-5.
- James T, Ajith TA, Joson D, Thomas B. Analysis of feedback from first-year undergraduate medical students who attended foundation course at a teaching institution in South India. J Educ Health Promot. 2021;10:8.
- Francis JN, Arun NA, Davis R, Ajith TA. Analysis of red cell distribution width in patients presented with interstitial lung disease. Pulmon. 2021;23:37-42.
- Menon R, Menon S, Ajith TA. Prevalence of Subclinical Keratoconus in Children Presenting with Refractive Errors: A Cross Sectional Study. Kerala J Opthalmol. 2021; 33:146-50.
- Ajith TA. Does estrogen therapy prevent late onset Alzheimer's disease? Acata Scient Neurol. 2020;3(11): 34-36.
- Ramya H, Ravikumar KS, Fathimathu Z, Janardhanan KK, Ajith TA, Shah MA, Farooq R, Reshi ZA. Morel mushroom, Morchella from Kashmir Himalaya: a potential source of therapeutically useful bioactives that possess free radical scavenging, anti-inflammatory, and arthritic edema-inhibiting activities. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2021; 7:1-10.
- Ravikumar KS, Ramya H, Ajith TA, Shah MA, Janardhanan KK. Bioactive extract of Fomitopsis pinicola rich in 11-α-acetoxykhivorin mediates anticancer activity by cytotoxicity, induction of apoptosis and inhibition of tumor growth. J Functional Foods. 2021;78, 104372.
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Antidiabetic Properties of Medicinal Mushrooms with Special Reference to Phellinus Species: A Review. Nat Products J.2020;10:1-7.
- Leena CO, Ajith TA, Vijayasimha M, Sah AK. A gender wise correlation analysis between glycated hemoglobin level and estimated glomerular filtration rate among type 2 diabetes patients. Int J Adv Med 2021;8:1-6.
- John S, Achu S, Ajith TA. Vitamin D status and its correlation with disease severity among patients presented with major depressive disorders in a tertiary care hospital in South India. Pharmacol Clin Pharm Res. 2022; 7(1): 1-8. (DOAJ, Print).
- Veena R, Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Bioactive extract of mycelia biomass of Ganoderma lucidum protects anticancer drug Doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy. Indian J Exp Biol. 2022; 60:587-96. (Pubmed, Print).
- Ajith TA, Remith PR. Covid-19 among health care providers during the first and second wave of infection in India: A systematic review. J Clin Sci Res. 2023;12:57-63. (DOAJ, Print).
- Paul S, Ajith TA, Jose SE. Prevalence and major contributing factors predicting cardiovascular disease risk among postmenopausal women based on the Framingham Risk Score. J Clin Sci Res. 2023(Accepted) (DOAJ; Print).
- Neethu F, Arun KV, Mohanan PK, Ajith TA. Predictive Factors for Hypocalcemia in Post-thyroidectomy patients: a Prospective Cohort Study. J Clin Sci Res. 2023 (Accepted) (DOAJ; Print).
- Ramya H, Ravikumar KS, Ajith TA, Fathimathu Z, Janardhanan KK. Anticancer activity of the bioactive extract of morel mushroom, Morchella elata Fr. from Kashmir Himalaya and identification of major bioactive compounds. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2023(Accepted) (Pubmed, Print).
- Ajith TA, Janardhanan KK. Hepatoprotective effect of Ganoderma lucidum (Curt.:Fr.) P. Karst. In: Acharya K, Khatua S, (Eds.), Ganoderma: cultivation, chemistry and medicinal applications, Taylor and Francis Ltd., 2023. (In Press).
- Ajith TA, Das S, Janardhanan KK. Medicinal mushroom bioactives: Potential sources for cardioprotective drug discovery and development. In: George V (Eds), Medicinal mushroom bioactives, Cambridge Press Ltd, 2023 (In Press).
- Dr.Sindu.PC High sensitivity C Reactive protein an inflammatory marker and lipoprotein levels in patients with coronary heart disease.IJMRR.2016 ;4: Issue3 444-449
- Serum markers of Iron metabolism in individuals with diabetes mellitus from a population with high prevalence of anemia. Journal of Research in Medical and Dental sciences 2016; 4: Issue2 April 2016 97-100
- Dr.Sindu.PC, ,Dr.AnilJose Dr.JoseJacob Homocysteine in cancer patients and its correlation with Vitamin B12 and Folic acid. IOSR JDMS2016;15:Issue6 88 -91
- Dr.SinduPC, A study on association of oxidative stress in Diabetes mellitus on C reactive protein levels IOSR JDMS2016;15:Issue4 28 -32
- Dr.SinduPC. Role of second trimester maternal serum markers as predictors of pre eclampsiaIJMAS 2013;2:238-244
- Saritha Francis, Sindu P C, Jose Jacob. Fasting Insulin is Better Partitioned according to Family History of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus than Post Glucose Load Insulin of Oral Glucose Tolerance Test in Young Adults. www.jcdr.net Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2017 May, Vol-11(5): BC13-BC16
- Saritha Francis ,SinduPC KK Nasheera Jose Jacob Fasting C peptide correlated with fasting insulin and post load glucose C peptide in young adults but the Cpeptides could not be partitioned into groups with and without family history of type 2 diabetes mellitus. International journal of contemporary Medical research ;4 (2) 467 -469
- Nasheera KK,Sindu.P.C Jose Jacob Clinical evaluation of gender differences in the relationships of erythropoietin with hemoglobin,iron,ferritin in presence and absence of anemia in healthy young adults International journal of contemporary Medical research ;4 (8) 1788 -1795
- Indu Elizabeth Johnson, Nesheera KK, Sindu PC and Jose Jacob Fasting prolactin correlates negatively with fasting glucose in presence and absence of stastical outliers of distribution .Amala Research bulletin 2016 vol 35 75 -83
- Nandu Baby P. Comparison of Microalbuminuria Status in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients With Chronic Periodontitis: A Cross-Sectional Study. 2022; 14(7): e27383. DOI: 10.7759/cureus.27383
- Nandu Baby P. The predictive power of low T3 levels among ICU patients in a tertiary care hospital of Kerala 2020; International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Nandu Baby P. Study of Biochemical Changes during Treatment of Kidney Stone and Urinary Tract Infection with Herbal Drug February 2020 International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation 24(03):1026-1032 DOI:10.37200/IJPR/V24I3/PR200854
- Nandu Baby P. SERUM MALONDIALDEHYDE (MDA) LEVELS AND LIPID PROFILE PATTERN IN THE PATIENTS WITH ACUTE MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION (AMI) Volume-9 | Issue-3 | March-2020 | PRINT ISSN No. 2277 - 8179 | DOI : 10.36106/ijsr
- Nair DK, Shanthi B, Nandu Baby P. Comparison of Microalbuminuria Status in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients With Chronic Periodontitis: A Cross-Sectional Study. Cureus. 2022 Jul 28;14(7):e27383
- Nair DK, Shanthi B, Bupesh G.Role of Vitamin D and Haemoglobin Levels in Prediabetic Patients- A Retrospective StudyJ Clin of Diagn Res.2022; 16(8):BC06-BC08.
- Nair D. K, Shanthi B, Simon A. S, Kalaiselvi V. S. Phytochemical and GCMS Analysis of Methanolic Leaf Extract of Bauhinia variegate. Biomed Pharmacol J 2022;15(2).
- Nair, D. K., Santhi, B., Simon, S. A., &Bupesh, G. (2022). Diabetic neuropathy and role of biochemical parameters in diabetic neuropathy: A narrative review. International Journal of Health Sciences, 6(S4), 7123–7138.
- Deepa. K. Nair, B. Shanthi. MD, Supriya Simon A, V. S. Kalai Selvi. Microalbumin Status in Relation to Glycated Haemoglobin Among Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus In South Kerala Population-A Comparative Study’, International Journal Of Scientific Research;