All working days - 8 AM to 4 PM.
Out Patient Consultations, In Patient care, Maintenance Hemodialysis, Acute Hemodialysis in the ICUs, Peritoneal Dialysis, Kidney Biopsy, Screening for Kidney Diseases, Health education classes for the public, Undergraduate & PostGraduate Teaching
Papers / Posters Presented at International Conferences:
1. Do inhaled steroids increase the risk of tuberculosis in asthmatic patients? European Respiratory Congress, Florence, Italy, 2000
2. Post-transplant hyperglycemia – American Society of Nephrology, SanFransisco, USA, 2001
3. Nutritional status predicts outcome in patients hospitalized with exacerbation of COPD – European Respiratory Congress, Stockholm, Sweden, 2002
4. Angiotensin II induced human tubular cell apoptosis is mediated via Aldosterone and Oxidative stress - American Society of Nephrology, St.Louis, USA, 2004
5. Aldosterone promotes proximal tubular cell apoptosis - American Society of Nephrology, St.Louis, USA, 2004
6. Socio Economic Status of patients undergoing CAPD in India – Asian Chapter of the International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis, Hiroshima, Japan, 2007
Lectures Delivered at National Level Conferences:
1. Hepatitis B infection in Renal Transplantation – SCISN 2005
2. Pathogenesis of ANCA Associated Vasculitis – NAK 2006
3. Tumour Lysis Syndrome – NAK 2008
4. Polyoma Virus Nephropathy – SCISN 2010
5. Changing Trends in the Management of Lupus Nephritis – NAK 2011
6. Diabetes Mellitus Management in CAPD – PDSI 2011
7. Sclerosing Peritonitis – PDSI 2012
8. Lupus Nephritis: Guidelines – ISN 2012
Lectures Delivered at International Conferences:
CAPD in India – Present & Future - First Annual Conference of Kidney Foundation, Bangladesh
Peritoneal Dialysis Initiation: How We Do It – SAARC Nephro Uro Transplant Congress 2013, Chennai
Chaired three sessions at the Leptocon 2009 (Conference of the International Society of Leptospirosis)
1.First prize in post graduate quiz and case discussion at the Southern Chapter conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology at Cochin, 2001.
2.Best paper award - at the Southern Chapter conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology at Cochin, 2001.
3. Best poster award - at the Indian Society of Nephrology conference at Cochin, 2005.
4.Indian Achiever’s award for CHIKITSAK RATAN – Awarded by the Global Society for Health & Educational Growth, New Delhi, February 2011.
5. RTI Council Award – Thrissur 2012.
6. Consumer Protection Award – Koratty, Thrissur 2012.
7. Rajiv Gandhi Gold Medal – Awarded by the Global Economic Progress & Research Association, Tamil Nadu 2012.
8. Health Care Excellence Award for Nephrology – World Wide Achievers with Media Partner, Headlines Today, New Delhi, 2013
|Date of Birth|
|Dr. Jayant Thomas Mathew||Professor & Head||MBBS , MD , DM||26 years||29-09-1970||Profile|
|Dr. Raghunath. M||Assistant Professor||Profile|
1.JT Mathew, MS Seshadri, Kurien Thomas, et al.Osteomalacia – fifty five patients seen in a teaching institution over a four year period. J Assoc Phys Ind 1994; 42: 692 – 694.
2.Jayant Thomas Mathew, SD Tarey, S Dominic, et al. Bronchoalveolar lavage in the diagnosis of pulmonary infections in renal allograft recipients. Ind J Nephrol 1998: 8: 172 – 174.
3.JT Mathew, GA D’Souza, AB Kilpadi.Respiratory complications in postoperative patients.J Assoc Phys Ind 1999; 47: 1086 - 1088.
4. R Narayan. JT Mathew, PK Shetty.Cardiac echinococcosis. J Assoc Phys Ind 2001; 49: 292.
5.JT Mathew, Usha Kini, CB Sridhar, Shameem Shariff. Coexistant extrapulmonary tuberculosis and diffuse non-Hodgkins lymphoma within a lymph node. J Assoc Phys Ind 2001; 49: 1044.
6.Jayant Thomas Mathew, GV Veena, Anura V Kurpad, George A D'Souza. Nutritional status predicts outcome in patients hospitalised with exacerbation of COPD. Lung India 2006; 23: 143 - 146
7.Jayant T Mathew,M Rao, V Job, S Ramaswami, CK Jacob. Post-transplant hyperglycemia: a study of risk factors. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2003; 18: 164 – 171
8.Jayant T. Mathew, Hitesh Patni, Ahmad N. Chaudhary, Wei Liang, Aakriti Gupta, Praveen N. Chander, Guohua Ding and Pravin C. Singhal. Aldosterone induces mesangial cell apoptosis both in vivo and in vitro. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295: F73 – F81, 2008
9.Hitesh Patni,Jayant T. Mathew, Liming Luan, Nicholas Franki, Praveen N. Chander, and Pravin C. Singhal. Aldosterone promotes proximal tubular cell apoptosis: role of oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293: F1065–F1071, 2007
10. Varna Menon, Krishna PrasadJayant T Mathew. Mucinous Cystadenoma in a Horseshoe Kidney: Report of a Case with Review of Literature. Kuwait Medical Journal; 44 (1): 60 – 62, 2012.