It can accommodate 100 students comfortably measuring 265.sq.m. The hall contains large and small metallic dissection tables, adequate lighting and drainage facilities and adequate space for the display of dissected specimens, models, radiographs and bones. Total 445 dissected wet specimens, 20 sets of disarticulated bones, 10 charts and 300 radiographs and CT scan are available.
The embalming room Measuring 32.sq.m. It has three storage tanks each having the capacity of twenty cadavers therefore, sixty cadavers can be stored in total. A cold storage having capacity of two in each chamber (total 8) is available. Fully mechanized embalming facilities are available.Mechanical band-saw for taking cross-sections of human body is available.
A research lab measuring 50.sq.m is available with facilities for processing of micro slides, storage of preserved specimen and microscopes.
Having 2 Locker facilities has been provided for 105 students. Each one measuring 33.25sq.m.
Museum measuring 165.sq.m displays 300 specimens, 25 models in Gross Anatomy, 85 models in Embryology, 2 fully articulated skeletons and 55 osteology specimens.
Measuring 35.sq.m. Total of 140 books are available.
It measuring 65 sq.m. Two demonstration rooms with seating capacity of 60 each are available with black board, audio visual aids and display board.
60 compound microscopes for histological studies measuring 150 sq.m. Adequate number of micro slides and five dissection microscopes, 25 charts and a television with video player are available in this lab.
Rooms for Prof & HOD measuring 24.sq.m, 2 Professors measuring 31.60*2 sq.m, 6 Assistant Professors 24 sq.m & for Tutors measuring 24 sq.m is available. The rooms are as per MCI norms.
Upgraded computer system is available in the department for preparation of teaching materials. LCD with binocular microscope is available for histology demonstration.
Classes for PG students from other departments such as Radiology, Orthopedics, Medicine, Surgery & Pathology.
|Date of Birth|
|Dr. Mini Kariappa||Professor and HOD||MD Anatomy, 2002||16 Years||07-03-1965||Profile|
|Dr. S Iqbal||Professor||MD Anatomy, 1996||12 Years 6 Months||26-12-1952||Profile|
|Dr. Manjunath V Motagi||Associate Professor||MD 2011, DNB 2013||5 Years 4 Months||18-08-1981||Profile|
|Dr. Santhosh Kuriakose||Assistant Professor||MD Anatomy, 2013||3 Years 5 Months||09-04-1967||Profile|
|Dr. Soumya Philippose||Assistant Professor||MD Anatomy, 2013||3 Years 5 Months||04-01-1982||Profile|
|Sri. Remith P R||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. Anatomy, 2004||12 Years||12-05-1978||Profile|
|Smt. Bini Markose||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. Anatomy, 2000||16 Years 4 Months||27-03-1976||Profile|
|Dr. K R Sugathan||Tutor||MBBS 1980||13 Years 9 Months||27-03-1976||Profile|
MBBS from Bellary Medical College, Karnataka in 1988
MD (Anatomy) from Bangalore Medical College, Karnataka in 2002
Resident in Neonatology, Paediatrics - 10 years
In Anatomy - 18 years
Member of Anatomical Society of India (ASI)
Member of International Society of Human Genetics (ISHG)
Joint Coordinator of Medical Education Unit - Jubille Mission Medical College 2004-2009.
Have been internal examiner for several Universities.
Have been external examiner for several Universities.
Worked as paper setter for several universities.
Additional chief supredentant of Calicut & KUHS universities.
Was an observer for KUHS.
Qualified Inspector for KUHS.
Genetic Structure of Indian Jewish Diaspora on 27th & 28th Oct 2011 at Institute of Intensive Research in Basic Sciences (IYRBS), MG University, Kottayam.
1. Sir Shriram Travel Fellowship award for DNA studies in CCMB (Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology, Hyderabad)
2. HMT (Hindustan Machine Tools) for scholastic excellence - 1980
3. State Bank of India Scholastic Excellence award - 1981 - for high rank in Central Board of Secondary Education Examinations, New Delhi
4. Dissertation: Genetic and other Etiological Associations in Children with PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorders) done in NIMHANS, Bengaluru
MBBS from Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu in 1983.
MS (Anatomy) from Government Medical College, Calicut in 1996.
* Lecturer and Assistant Professor in the Department of Anatomy, Government Medical College, Thrissur for 3½ years * Served as Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in the department of Anatomy , Amala institute of Medical Sciences,Thrissur * Now working as Professor in the department of Anatomy , Amala institute of Medical Sciences,Thrissur,Kerala.
• Life member of Anatomical Society of India
• Life Member of Society of Clinical Anatomists.
• Life member of Indian Medical Association.
• Qualified Examiner for MBBS and BDS in various South Indian Medical Universities viz. KUHS, Manipal, RGUHS, Vinayaga Mission, Salem etc.
Editorial board member of the following National and International Journals:1. International Journal of Anatomical Research (IJAR).
Peer Reviewer of the following National and International Journals:1. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research.
Recieved an ipad mini from Elsevier's publications for updating his academic profile in their website.Update of his profile included his promotion to the post of Professor of Anatomy and his seven new publications in International journals.
MBBS from Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka in 2006.Recieved MD Anatomy from St John's Medical College, Bengaluru, Karnataka in 2011. DNB(Anatomy) from National board of Epauination 2013.
Having experience from 2008 to 2011 as Demonstrator / Tutor in St. John's Medical College, Bengaluru, Karnataka. 2011 to Till Date as Assistant Professor in Amala Institute of Medical Sciences. Member of Karnataka Chapter of Anatomists. He Presented Oral presentations in many State and National Conferences. Have publications (2) in international journals.
MBBS from Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur, Karnataka in 1990. Recieved MD Anatomy from AJ Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore, KarnatakaExperience from 2010 to 2013 : Demostrator / Tutor in AJ Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore, Karnataka. Assistant Professor in Amala Institute of Medical Sciences since June 2013.
Member of Indian Medical Association, Kerala State Branch.Presented Oral Presentations in many State and National Conferences.
MBBS from vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyer Medical college Salem (Dr.MGR university) and MD Anatomy from Rajah Muthiah Medical college Chidhambaram(Annamalai university). Teaching Experience from 2007 to 2010 : Tutor in Medicine, MOSC Medical College, Kolenchery, Kerala. 2010 to 2013 : Junior Resident, Department of Anatomy, RMMCH, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu.Working as Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, Amala Institute of Medical Sciences since 2013.
Paper presentation named "A study on Variations in Popliteal Artery" at 34th Annual Conference of Association of Anatomists, Tamilnadu in October 2011 at Melmaravathur Adhiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences, Melmaravathur, Tamil Nadu.
She attended in CME / Conferences such as (1) International Symposium & Workshop approved by National Academy of Medical Sciences on "The Current Trends In Clinical Genetics & Genomic Medicine", March 2011 at Chettinad University, Kelambakkam, Tamilnadu.(2) CME in Internal Medicine, March 2009 at MOSC Medical College, Kolenchery.(3) 33rd Annual Conference of Association of Anatomists, Tamilnadu September 2010 at Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences, Maduranthaga, Tamilnadu.(4) National CME on "Clinical Anatomy of Cerebrum", March 2011, at SRM Medical College, Kancheepuram, Tamilnadu.(5) 34th Annual Conference of Association of Anatomists, Tamilnadu October 2011 at Melmaravathur Adhiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences, Melmaravathur, Tamilnadu. Took registration in Travancore - Cochin Medical Council India, Tamil Nadu Medical Council.Member of Society of Clinical Anatomists [SOCA].
Ms.Bini Markose, Assistant Professor in anatomy department received M.Sc degree in anatomy in the year 2000 from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India and is continuing as an anatomist for the past 14 years.She is a life member of association of anatomists, Tamil nadu.
She has presented a scientific paper in an annual conference conducted by association of anatomists, Tamil nadu and was awarded Dr. M.M.Cooper Memorial Award for teachers for the best paper presentation. She has an article in European journal of anatomy for publication. She is interested in participating in dissertation competition. She has one ongoing project on `short rib polydactyly syndrome.
Joined Amala in April, 2003 and took part in the evolvement of the Anatomy Department of AIMS and contributed for setting up of the Anatomy department museum. Life member of Anatomical Society of India and Treasurer of Association of Anatomists Kerala. Promoted as Assistant Professor in 2008 nearing 10 years of teaching experience.
Completed MBBS in 1980 July. Worked as Tutor in Anatomy, Government Medical College, Kottayam 1985 to 1986 and also as Tutor in Anatomy, Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram 1986 to 1988
1. Viveka S, Ajay Udyavar, Balakrishna Shetty, Santhosh Kuriakose, Sudha. M. J, Acute effects of gemcitabine on seminiferous tubular histomorphometry in mice model, World Journal Of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014 (Feb); 3(2): 2035-2043
2. Vinayachandra PH, Viveka S, Sudha M J, Balakrishna Shetty, Santhosh kuriakose, Srnivasa Sagar, Morphometry and Variations Of Malleus With Clinical Correlations, Int J Anat Res, 2014, 2(1):191-94 .
3. Viveka S, Ajay Udayvar, Balakrishna Shetty, Santhosh Kuriakose, Sudha M J, Histomorphometric effects of gemcitabine on Swiss albino mice spermatogenesis, Advanced Biomedical Research (accepted for publication in Feb2015 issue)
4. Viveka S, Ajay Udayvar, Sudha M J, Balakrishna Shetty, Santhosh Kuriakose, Digit ratio in down syndrome – correlations with perinatal androgen levels, International Journal of Comprehensive medical physiology and research, 2014; 1(1): 25-32
5. Santhosh Kuriakose1, Sanjay Kumar B. Revankar2, Viveka S3, Balakrishna Shetty4, Chithra Prakash Rao5; WHY BECOME A DOCTOR? EVALUATION OF MOTIVATIONAL FACTORS FOR SELECTING MEDICAL PROFESSION AS CAREER; Month : 2014;1(2);206-211
6. Soumya phlipose 1,Santhosh Kuriakose1, Viveka S3,Mini kariappa4; “Morphometric study of pedicles of lumbar vertebrae in southern India’’ Journal of evidence based medicine & healthcare. Volume 2/Issue 39/,September 28,2015.
7. Manjunath V. Motagi1Morphometric Analysis of Superior Articular Facets of Atlas Vertebra and Its Clinical Applications in Ergonomics of Atlanto-Occipital Joints. J Clin Diagn Res. 2013 Dec; 7(12): 2674–2676. Published online 2013 Nov 29. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2013/7736.3699 PMCID: PMC3919364
8. Manjunath V. Motagi1 Morphometric analyses of human dry tali of South Indian origin. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health 2015 Vol 4 Issue
9. Manjunath V. Motagi1 Estimation of the angle of humeral torsion from digital images of dry humeri of South Indian origin. International Journal of Experimental and Clinical Anatomy. Anatomy 2012-2013; 6-7.
10. Manjunath V. Motagi. Study on association between lipid profile values and psychiatric disorders. J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Dec;8(12):WC04-6. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2014/10383.5301. Epub 2014 Dec 5
11. Ambooken P Robert, Showkathali Iqbal, Mathew John. Complete agenesis of the dorsal pancreas: A rare clinical entity. Int J App Basic Med Res . 2016 ;6:290-2.
12.Kariappa M,Iqbal S, Robert A. P. Twin reversed arterial perfusion sequences: acardiac – acephalic twin - a case report. Eur.J.anat 2014; 18(4): 345-352 (Pub Med)
13.Kariappa M, Gyaneshwer Chaubey, Niraj Rai, Manvendra Singh et.al. Genetic affinities of the Jewish populations of India ; NATURE; Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 19166, DOI : 10.1038/srep19166.